Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And we're back...

So we are back ... about a month back in CA and just starting to settle back in ... if that's ever going to be fully possible after such an experience as 7 months in South America. I keep meaning to do a recap of our trip but feel so overwhelmed at the thought and thus haven't done it. It was big and exciting, stretching, and incredible . We are so glad we took the time out of this crazy high paced culture we are a part of here in North America to slow down and experience a different way. I can't say that the different way is better or worse .... it's simply different.
Tom and I (now back in the States a full 2 months) are still dealing with what the "they" call culture shock .... and we are beginning to wonder if it will ever dissipate ... I wouldn't mind it to stick around as a reminder of all the blessings we discovered down in Ecuador and all the blessings we are so much more appreciative of here.
So as life continues on for us, yes we miss many things of Ecuador ... friends, waves, a calm pace of life, speaking Spanish everyday, and a beautiful little girl who I still think of daily and showed Tom and I that indeed we are ready for this next adventure...
On that note in case you haven't heard .... no that's not a beer belly ... baby Gilles is on his (or her) way! We are 18 weeks along (about 4 months and some change)...all is well, happy to be past the sick part and feeling great!


2 comments:

  1. Shannon, you look so beautiful! I'm so proud of my little sis and am so happy for you and Tom. I can't wait to see the whole little family this summer in Yosemite. I love you. Kat (Trina - hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!! you look fabulous!! miss you and hope we make the fall campout next year and meet your little one. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete